The second edition of Chapman’s book, "Municipalities in Distress? How States and Investors Deal with Local Government Financial Emergencies," is now available on Amazon.com.
At the request of the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Jim Spiotto submitted a written statement for the Committee's hearing on Puerto Rico's fiscal issues. Download Jim's statement to the Committee..
Chapman's "Primer on Municipal Debt Adjustment" provides an overview of Chapter 9 bankruptcy and other issues concerning financially distressed municipalities. Download a copy of the primer.
- MuniNet Guide, April 16, 2018
- Chapman and Cutler LLP, March 2018
- MuniNet Guide, February 5, 2018
- MuniNet Guide, December 7, 2017
- MuniNet Guide, November 13, 2017
- Municipalities in Distress? How States and Investors Deal with Local Government Financial EmergenciesChapman and Cutler LLP, September 2016
- Is Chapter 9 the Best Resolution Mechanism for Financially Distressed Schools or Are There Better Alternatives? (Part Two)MuniNet Guide, April 25, 2016
- Is Chapter 9 the Best Resolution Mechanism for Financially Distressed Schools or Are There Better Alternatives? (Part One)MuniNet Guide, April 17, 2016
- Is Chapter 9 Bankruptcy the Ultimate Remedy for Financially Distressed Territories and Sovereigns Such as Puerto Rico: Are There Better Resolution Mechanisms?Written Statement to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary Hearing on Puerto Rico's Fiscal Problems: Examining the Source and Exploring the Solution, December 1, 2015
- MuniNet Guide, December 1, 2015
- Reducing Risk to Payment of State and Local Government Debt Obligations, Statutory Liens from Rhode Island to California SB222MuniNet Guide, July 28, 2015
- MuniNet Guide, May 7, 2015
- Chapter 9 and Alternatives - Part Two: State Programs to Assist Municipalities in Times of Fiscal CrisisMuniNet Guide, April 30, 2015
- Chapter 9 and Alternatives - Part One: Lessons Learned: An Update on the Municipal Bankruptcy ExperienceMuniNet Guide, April 23, 2015
- MuniNet Guide, March 19, 2015
- Should Congress Pass H.R. 870 Allowing Puerto Rico to Authorize Its Municipalities to File Chapter 9?MuniNet Guide, February 25, 2015
- How Municipalities in Financial Distress Should Deal with Unfunded Pension Obligations and Appropriate Funding of Essential ServicesThe Willamette Law Review, Winter 2014
- MuniNet Guide, November 10, 2014
- The Role of the State in Supervising and Assisting Municipalities, Especially in Times of Financial DistressMunicipal Finance Journal, Spring 2013
- Government Finance Review, February 2013
- How States and Investors Deal with Local Government Financial Emergencies2012